Site Support Door Access Control & Automatics Engineer
IF YOU HAVE AN APTITUDE FOR TECHNICAL APPLICATIONS AND WOULD ENJOY THE VARIETY OF WORKING ON PROJECTS AROUND IRELAND WITH A COMPANY WHERE YOUR CONTRIBUTION MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU ON OUR TEAM!
Specialists in supplying world leading mechanical and electronic door and window fittings to some of the most interesting construction projects in Ireland, you will help our our team deliver the product and service we are renowned for. We work on the largest and smaller projects in the medical, manufacturing, educational, hospitality, residential and commercial sectors throughout Ireland.
We are looking for someone interested in a longer-term role, committed to learning our trade by working closely with our senior engineer on sites around Ireland, in a hands-on supporting role on the installation and maintenance of access control and automatic door systems.
Experience in a similar / related field (electronics, access control, alarm systems, cctv, automation, etc) is an advantage, however, a good attitude and interest is essential. We will invest in you by giving full training and support on all areas of the job. In return we ask that you be reliable, organised, committed to getting the best result for our clients, a good timekeeper and communicator (verbally and written) and proficient in English and the use of MS Office.
Support Engineer is a busy site role where you need to be flexible to travel to our sites around Ireland, staying overnight locally as required. You will be a key part of the contracts team, requiring you to be hands on including the admin and technical side of the job., including communicating with customers, other trades on site, suppliers, etc.
We take what we do seriously, but not too much so…we work Monday to Friday, leaving your weekends and bank holidays free and of course Christmas is family time too!
- General Duties
- To support the Senior Engineer & Contracts Manager in the servicing of projects on site for fabricators and building contractors
- To provide the best possible service to and sustain relationships with existing and new clients
- To liaise with the contracts & service team and suppliers in respect of project installations and maintenance contract customers
- Organising and checking in deliveries to site
- Coordination with Service Dept in respect of customer service
- Installing specialist hardware on site ie.automation, electric locking and access control
- General administration of project documentation through use of CRM system
- To co ordinate with contractors and sub contractors on site regarding installations
- To work with senior engineer configuring systems and solutions
- To liaise with site team to ensure timely/accurate installations
- To conduct weekly site reports
- Any other issues related to the above which may arise in the normal course of business
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Technical aptitude an advantage with the ability in particular to pay attention to detail
- A team player with a can-do attitude interested in learning and working collaboratively to get the best result for our customers and the company.
Holidays: 20 Days (increasing after 3 years full service)
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in please send us your CV with a cover letter clearly explaining why you are suited to this role.